We are currently looking for a Production Supervisor on behalf of one of our clients in the Food Production Sector (Industrial Bakery); producer of premium breads/biscuits. This is a full-time permanent opportunity.
The Production Supervisor directly reports to the Production Manager and co-ordinates the activities of the production team members who operate ovens and line machines to produce and package pita and lavish products.
- Verify orders are entered order entry system and if missing, contact driver and/or enter last weeks order in.
- Arrange production schedule according to pick-up schedule for that day (ex: Montreal and Ottawa)
- Pre-op at beginning of every shift, walk through with supervisor prior to shift start.
- Verify paper work is completed by mixers, line operators and HACCP coordinator; forms accurately filled out with no errors (at midnight, all forms must be collected).
- Responsible for verifying CCPs, enforcing all quality and food safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for finished product recall.
- Complete ‘Attendance Record’ form for attendance issues that arise and have Production Manager Sign off.
- Complete ‘Event Records’ for Team Member issues that arise and record details of the event.
- Regularly read your emails for special orders that have to be completed.
- Communicate with line operator to ensure problems are addressed immediately (ie: faulty equipment)
- Ensure quality of product: prepare frozen products to be shipped; check product dates and weights that are being packaged (sliced pitas must weigh equally on both sides of the pita); box frozen pitas
- Responsible for seeking conflict resolution strategies within the bakery during shift.
- Observe and enforce food safety policies and procedures; team member safety policies and procedures; and bakery work standards for production team, contractors and visitors.
- Complete accident investigations and return to work documents.
- Monitor CCP at the beginning of each shift and verify CCP – metal detector and monitor CCP – flour sifting.
- Change slicing blades and ensure equipment is sanitized and recorded in Sanitation log.
- Ensure visitors or contractors are properly screened before entry into facility as per SOP 04.02.01.
- Responsible for product release.
- Verify daily and weekly sanitation tasks are completed.
- Oversee duties of other supervisor in his/her absence.
- Always work safely, keep work area clean and tidy, wear proper PPE, ensure product meets proper quality and food safety standard and work to GMP rules.
- Responsible for daily OEE.
- Responsible for all TM wearing PPE
- Must be part of the health and safety team.
- Any other job duties that may arise from time to time
Flexible to work in a rotating shift(days, afternoon and midnight)
- Completion of secondary school preferred.
- Experience in food processing.
- Must be available by phone 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- First Aid certification
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Must be available to work rotating shifts (all 3 shifts).
- Proficient leadership skills and thinking skills.
- Experience with general computer applications and adequate typing skills.
- Problem solving skills with independent judgment.
- Familiar with HACCP policies.