Punch Press Operator
On behalf of our client StaffPlus is currently seeking an experienced and motivated Punch Press Operator to join their team. This position is located in Scarborough and it provides steady full-time hours and room for growth for the right candidate.
- Read work orders carefully and understand order requirements as they pertain to the layout of the sheets waiting to be die cut.
- Ensure that the cards are put into the correct boxes as indicated by the work order and that the card counts are accurate within each sleeve.
- Ensure that the correct settings on the equipment are used for the requirements of the job.
- Ensure that die is properly placed on machine
- Monitor the punching dies to ensure that the finished card dimensions comply with ISO standard.
- Maintain the equipment and clean off any oil residue around the die at least twice a day.
- Troubleshoot and correct problems with the equipment as they arise. Alert the maintenance department of any deficiencies in the operation of equipment
- Perform all job functions in a safe and healthful manner, abiding by all health, safety and environmental rules and regulations including the use of personal protective equipment.
Day shift 7am-3:30pm (must be flexible to train on an afternoon shift)
$16-$20 an hour (based on experience)